Sorry, this job has expired.
Meet our Hiring Managers to apply in person!
January 18th from 10am to 2pm.
Click 'APPLY' to be directed to the registration page.
TrueCore Behavioral Solutions is now hiring a Direct Care Worker to provide safety and security to our facility through proper youth supervision.
We offer the following benefits:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid time off
• Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
• Retirement benefits or accounts
• Must be 21 years or older.
• You will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
• Must pass a background check.
• Supervise and/or participate in various recreation programs and activities with juvenile residents.
• Teach, supervise and/or participate in various daily living activities with juvenile residents.
• Provide advice to individual juvenile residents on personal problems they encounter while in the facility such as peer pressure, adapting to the surroundings, and so forth.
• Keep continuous track of the number of juvenile residents under direct supervision through periodic head counts.
• Use understanding to calm disruptive residents in a potentially dangerous situation.
• Physically restrain residents to prevent endangering the health and safety of the resident and others.
• Constantly observe unusual physical appearance or behavior of juvenile residents throughout the facility.
• Detect unusual odors such as marijuana, cigarette smoke, fires, or alcohol to uncover violations, and protect the security, safety, and welfare of the juvenile residents.
• Listen for unusual sounds such as a sudden change in noise level, calls for help, cries of fire, arguments among juvenile residents, etc.
• Learn the names and recognize juvenile residents under immediate charge.
• Check the facility for safety and security hazards such as fire, smoke, broken pipes, unlocked doors, and tampered windows and locks.
• Search juveniles clothing and possessions and make periodic room checks.
• Participate in escape apprehension & emergency response activities.
• Supervise, perform, and instruct juvenile residents in housekeeping duties.
• Ensure that all residents are washed and properly dressed.
• Write comprehensive, factual, incident reports.
TrueCore Behavioral Solutions operates residential facilities for youth who have been ordered by the court into juvenile justice facilities. The company boasts a 20-year history of providing services to at-risk youth, helping young people discover their true core potential to lead productive and rewarding lives.
For more information click "Apply now".