Meet our Hiring Managers for your interview! Hiring ON-THE-SPOT!
4/23 from 10am-2pm.
4/24 from 10am-2pm.
Click 'APPLY' to be directed to the registration page & secure your spot.
TrueCore Behavioral Solutions is now hiring a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
As an LPN you will deliver quality direct resident care under appropriate clinical supervision to adolescents with psychiatric or emotional disorders. You will serve actively and constructively as a member of our multidisciplinary treatment team and support the organization’s and adolescent program’s philosophy of care.
We offer the following benefits:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Paid time off
• Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
• Must be 21 years or older.
• LPN License.
• Possession of a valid registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Florida. Persons who possess the registration by waiver must have satisfactorily completed an approved refresher program.
• Must possess a driver's license valid in the state of Florida only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Take patient temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, height and weight, and record results on patient chart.
• Administer first aid to patients in instances of sudden illness or accident until a staff physician arrives.
• Chart patient care and treatment measures.
• Assist with the setting up of equipment used for various treatment applications.
• Assist a Registered Nurse in preoperative and post- operative care and specialized psychiatric treatment.
• Report changes in temperature, pulse, respiration, and other patient conditions to a Registered Professional Nurse or a physician.
• Assist patients with braces and prosthetic devices.
• Dispense medication as indicated.
• Evaluate the positive and/or negative effects of medications on patients.
• Perform routine assigned nursing procedures such as bathing, dressing and feeding patients, and making beds.
• Collect & label urine, sputum, and other specimens from patients.
• Gather information for the preparation of inventory records, such as amounts of drugs, linens, medical, and other supplies.
• Position patients according to prescribed practices and the nursing care plan and assist patients with simple exercises.
• Notify the physician or supervisor as to any conditions of the patient requiring medical attention.
• Observe patients closely for reaction to drugs, treatment, any other unusual conditions.
• Counsel patients concerning their medications by utilizing medication fact sheets.
• Account for narcotics, barbiturates, and other accountable drugs before each shift.
• Prepare supplies for sterilization.
• Requisition, maintain, and account for medical supplies, tools, and equipment.
• Instruct nonprofessional resident care personnel on their medically related job duties and follow up on their performance periodically.
• Assist with the admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
• Interpret rules and regulations to other staff, patients, members of patients' families, and visitors.
• Keep accurate medical records.
• Prepare accurate factual reports.
• Participate and involve patient in goal planning sessions.
• Teach patient education classes in areas of physical health care, good grooming and hygiene, and personal appearance.
TrueCore Behavioral Solutions operates residential facilities for youth who have been ordered by the court into juvenile justice facilities. The company boasts a 20-year history of providing services to at-risk youth, helping young people discover their true core potential to lead productive and rewarding lives.
For more information click "Apply now".